ACS’s Financial Aid Program reflects a commitment to maintain a strong and diverse student population and to contribute to the support of deserving students whose families have demonstrated a need for tuition assistance. Recipients of financial aid receive some level of financial support, as the average tuition does not cover the real annual cost of educating a student.
Please click on the links below to learn more about our Financial Aid Policies and Steps.
Financial Aid Policies
The following is a detailing of the policies that govern the financial aid at ACS:
- Students are accepted to ACS without regard for their financial needs.
- The ACS Financial Aid Program offers financial assistance in the form of grants on the basis of the demonstrated financial need of the family and the available funds. Please note that scholarships are not an integral part of the financial aid program.
- Recipients of financial aid are expected to meet the same standards of performance as all other students. They are not subject to special standards or other requirements that would treat them unequally. To be eligible for financial aid, students must demonstrate financial need and remain enrolled at ACS by satisfactorily completing the school year.
- ACS will continue to fund a student for the duration of his/her time at the school, as long as the family needs for assistance is demonstrated every year, according to the normal financial aid application procedure.
- An ACS Financial Aid Application, with adequate supporting documentation, is required if a student is to be considered for financial assistance.
- Individual consideration, based on a consistent method of assessment, is given to each financial aid application. Aid may be awarded up to 50% of the Ancillary Fee, according to the level of need, the grade level of the applicant, and the length of time the student has been with the school.
- The financial aid fund comes mainly from the operating budget and through fundraising.
- All applications for financial aid are held in the strictest confidence. Only the Director of Admissions / Financial Aid, Principals, and the Head of School have access to the records.
- ACS will review the financial aid procedure for families who wish to request additional funding.
- ACS will refrain and discourage others from making any public announcement of the amount of financial aid awarded to a student.
- ACS will strive through its publications and communications to provide students and families with factual information about its financial aid opportunities, policies, and procedures.
Financial Aid Steps
Before applying, please read carefully the steps below. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us.
STEP 1 - Prepare your Documents - Before starting the online financial aid form, make sure you have the below documents scanned and ready to be uploaded in PDF or JPG (High Resolution). Please scan your documents, as digital photographs of documents will not be accepted.
- Statement of Income / Employment Records: A recent NSSF Certificate of Service (Lebanese Nationals Only) should be provided for both parents even if unemployed.
- If Employed, a recent Employment Certificate for each working parent clearly stating the occupation, job title, years of service, and benefits (educational benefits, accommodation, etc.) and an Employee Income Statement Form filled, signed, and stamped by the employer.
- If Self-Employed, a Self-Employed Income Statement Form should be completed and signed by the concerned parent. Official Business Registration and shareholders’ documents, income tax statements, official balance sheet documents, and business account bank statements for the last year should be provided.
- If Retired, official retirement documents should be provided.
- Supporting Documents should be submitted for all sources of additional household income (e.g. rental income).
- School certificate of annual fees (other than ACS) for each dependent child enrolled at a school or university.
- Photocopies of recent relevant documents pertaining to assets and liabilities mentioned in the application (e.g. housing rent, mortgages, loan agreements, car registration forms).
- Family Civil Status Record for Lebanese applicants only.
- Certificate(s) of ownership, in the name of the father or mother from the Land Registry Department.
- Any additional documents that would support the Financial Aid Application.
STEP 2 - Download the PDF Financial Aid Application Form, complete it, and upload it according to the designated field in the online form below.
Deadline: April 28, 2023