Title: Communications Intern
Department: Development & Alumni Relations Office (D&A)
Reports to: Director of Development & Alumni Relations (DoD)
Salary: Paid Internship (3,000,000 LBP/Month)
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
ACS Development Office seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working in a fun work environment. The ACS Communications Internship is a professional skills internship to assist the Development and Alumni Office in implementing organizational communications and marketing materials for the school. The Communications Intern will work independently and in a team to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to content creation across various platforms.
The Communications Intern will work with members of the Development & Alumni (D&A) Office on digital, promotional, publications, and multimedia platforms as well as fundraising campaigns. The Communications Intern will help develop local communication initiatives, website, and social media content, and assist in the creation of various content (newsletter, website) for the alumni and ACS website.
- Assist with the development of creative concepts and marketing strategies for promoting events that happen at ACS as well as fundraising and donor events.
- Develop content for promotional materials including electronic newsletters, website, and social media.
- Help create and implement a weekly and monthly communications calendar.
- Community management of online and offline supporters.
- Track and follow up on photo and video content.
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
- Manage editorial and event calendars.
- Update the ACS website with current events, relevant news, etc.
- Update Alumni bulletin boards as well as alumni-related content on an ongoing basis.
- Scheduling and reporting social media updates.
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns.
- Assist with the update and maintenance of ACS’s social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, and replying.
- Collaborate with the D&A Team on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing/communications.
- Exceptional writing ability and experience with creating compelling content for online audiences (website, blogs, articles).
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team.
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing content to support the ACS website, and the D&A Office.
- Skills with Photoshop, iMovie, and Illustrator are extremely useful but not necessary.
- Completed or currently working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field.
- Must be creative and resourceful.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Ability to collect and synthesize information from diverse sources.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the School’s mission.
Start Date: Spring Semester 2022 and/or Summer 2022.
Hours: 10-12 Hours/Week, including Weekly Planning Meeting with the Supervisor.
Compensation: 3,000,000 LBP/Month * plus Transportation Allowance **
To Apply: Please a send cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Rosie Muhanna.
* The proposed salary is gross and subject to taxes.
** Transportation Allowance of 65,000 LL will be paid for every day the person is on campus. If they choose to work remotely, there is no transportation allowance.