Outdoor Education Program – Core Ideas
The Outdoor Education learning at ACS can be summarized under the following organizing ideas:
- There is a range of skills and knowledge required to be active and safe in the outdoors.
- Individuals need to work together to achieve common goals in outdoor activities.
- An individual’s experience in natural environments enhances human-nature relationships.
- Ecological, cultural, and personal knowledge of, and experiences in, places enhances decision making about conservation and sustainability.
- Being in nature promotes health and wellbeing.
- Experiences and journeys in natural environments promote personal growth and development.