Thank you for your interest in our school. We invite you to apply for the job vacancy that matches your profile by uploading your materials via the related links below.
The Director of Admissions is a member of the Leadership Team and will be responsible for all aspects of admissions procedures, processes, and policies at ACS, as well as maintaining and issuing of report cards and official transcripts, and dispensing of student information to teachers and administration. The Director of Admissions will maintain current knowledge of the Lebanese Ministry of Education’s regulations and will be responsible for official correspondence with this Ministry.
S/he is committed to building community within the Admissions Department and ACS. S/he promotes a positive image, the school’s mission, and fosters a welcoming environment.
S/he handles information in strict confidentiality.
Key Responsibilities and Criteria for Candidates
- Developing and documenting standards and policies pertaining to student’s admission, registration, archiving, and scholarship.
- Developing appropriate office systems to support new admission procedures.
- Organizing and implementing the admission calendar of activities.
- Documenting all inquiries and ensuring timely and appropriate responses.
- Processing application forms and maintaining the admissions database.
- Scheduling and administering admission testing in cooperation with the Divisional Admission Teams, Student Services / Counselors, and the Divisional Principals.
- Interviewing and counseling families regarding ACS’s programs and Lebanese Ministry regulations including diploma equivalency issues.
- Convening the Admission Committees and overseeing the process of students’ admission.
- Supervising an administrative assistant, admissions associate, junior administrative assistant, and the student information system specialist.
- Conducting formal exit interviews with families leaving the school.
- Maintaining the school database, and working to develop the integration of student information throughout the school.
- Maintaining the current and past records of all the students, from the time of enrollment.
- Dispensing student information and creating reports as needed/requested.
- Analyzing demographic data, admissions funnel data, and development data supporting current and future enrollment decision making
- Creating an atmosphere of responsiveness to external and internal requests for information.
- Overseeing all aspects of enrollment management from inquiry to matriculation of new students; overseeing the re-enrollment process of current students.
- Organize and consult with the Head of School, Business Manager, Development and Alumni Director, and the Financial Aid Committee, the program for scholarships and financial aid.
- Represent the school at various gatherings and conferences.
- Support the school and its leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Oversee the school’s scholarship policy including applications, evaluations, and determining of scholarship amounts.
- Provide annual statistical information to various agencies, including ECIS, ASHA, NESA, and the US Department of State.
- Ensure the school’s official registration with the Ministry of Education by preparing and submitting annually the required information (in Arabic) on students, faculty, and administrators to the Ministry of Education.
- Ensure the eligibility of candidates for official testing, and register students with the Ministry for official exams.
- Prepare, ensure, and submit annually the requested information (in Arabic) on students, faculty, administrators, and the school’s facilities to the National Resources Center.
- Keep abreast of all the regulations concerning Ministry equivalency policies and other relevant matters. Keep the Head of School advised.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of ACS’s academic programs and program requirements.
- Work with the Development and Alumni Office to develop appropriate admission and financial aid publications including the submission of updates for the Admission and Financial Aid webpages.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports to the Board of Trustees on the work of the Admissions Office, and on the demographic statistics of current students.
- Be responsible for the preparation and implementation of the office budget.
- Attend school functions and meetings as appropriate.
- BA Degree from an English-Language University.
- Three to five years of experience, preferably in a school or university Admissions Office.
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with a wide range of school constituents.
- In-depth understanding of successful recruitment and enrollment management practices in independent schools.
- A positive disposition.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French is helpful.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience in the use of Veracorss SIS software is helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively, privately, and in a public setting.
- Ability to solve problems, and to organize information.
- Good supervisory and management skills.
- Positive attitude towards change, and ability to motivate others.
- Sensitive to school culture.