Thank you for your interest in our school. We invite you to apply for the job vacancy that matches your profile by uploading your materials via the related links below.
Key Responsibilities and Criteria for Candidates
- Develops, coordinates, and evaluates programs and projects to promote alumni relations and educational programs designed to connect alumni through academic channels such as programs/departments/schools/colleges.
- Plans, coordinates, and attends events, meetings, or other activities as requested by academic units. This may also include alumni and volunteer recognition banquets, receptions, homecoming, and reunions.
- Identifies, cultivates, and stewards alumni and volunteers. Helps current volunteer leadership to identify potential new volunteers and future leadership.
- Plans, implements and promotes community relations programs that support ACS’s strategic vision as well as institutional fundraising priorities to increase support from alumni in the MENA region.
- Serves as an active participant in efforts with Alumni Association (AA/ACS) to develop young alumni initiatives.
- Develops, sustains, and strengthens alumni chapters in the MENA region with a focus on establishing and maintaining connections through academic/degree programs.
- Collaborates with other office staff on programs which engage alumni through multiple channels such as academic program and geographic location combined.
- Collaborates with appropriate staff from ACS to share information on events and alumni engagement opportunities.
- Develops and presents educational programs for alumni, including lectures, seminars, and workshops.
- Coordinates and trains volunteers who work on events, projects, and programs.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task-forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Serves on committees relating to alumni relations, and serves as liaison between the ACS MENA alumni and the community.
- May supervise and train lower graded staff, student employees, volunteers, and/or interns, as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, managing, and recognition of alumni volunteers for activities that include alumni events, class reunions, class giving, and networking opportunities.
- Provide assistance in identifying alumni to be profiled in the Alumni Newsletter (Diaspora Potrezebie), the D&A e-newsletter, and ACS Matters.
- Routinely identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards alumni prospects to encourage participation in the Annual Fund.
- Plans and implements a year-round schedule of programs, communication, and events for alumni; recruits and trains alumni volunteers to help with these school-wide programs.
- Maintains regular and proactive communication with key alumni association members. Provides administrative and promotional support for the alumni association activities as appropriate, coordinating relevant invitations and communications and encouraging alumni-led events and activities.
- Oversees the update of the alumni section of the website and the alumni-related contributions to the school publications and student-related contributions to the alumni association publications.
- Works with Junior and Senior classes to develop, coordinate, and implement class giving programs and build awareness of the alumni program.
- Works on developing content for alumni social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn). Coordinates with the community members to acquire information and updates for social media.
- Other duties as required by the position.
- BA/BS/Graduate Degree.
- Degrees in areas such as communications, advertising, public relations, business and marketing will be advantageous.
- Professional experience working in the field of non-profits is desirable.
- Experience in operating events is essential.
- Project management skills are needed in this role.
- An ability to communicate with people clearly.
- You will be expected to work to deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Copywriting and editorial skills are necessary.
- The officer needs to be industrious and creative.
ACS Beirut is seeking an experienced Grant Writer to oversee the creation of comprehensive grant applications. This is a freelance position, reporting to ACS’s Director of Development and Alumni Affairs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES
- Writes appropriate and compelling narrative to be incorporated in proposals, grant applications, letters of inquiry, reports, facts sheets, and other revenue-raising materials.
- Works closely with the Development Department to ensure that all written materials accurately reflect ACS’s mission, policies, and programs in a compelling nature.
- Adheres to reporting requirements and submitting timely, accurate reports to funders as necessary.
- Responsible for working with staff to report on contractual outcomes outlined in each agreement, including coordinating the delivery of reports which may not include narrative material.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years experience in grant writing.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with USAID ASHA grants is preferred.
- Proven track record of securing small and large grants.
This is a freelance position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please include compensation expectations in the cover letter.
Please complete this form and attach your cover letter, CV, 2-3 samples from successful grant applications, and/or final reports.
References may be requested at the time of the interview.