Thank you for your interest in our school. We invite you to apply for the job vacancy that matches your profile by uploading your materials via the related links below.
Key Responsibilities and Criteria for Candidates
- Plan, implement, and promote community relations programs that support ACS’s strategic vision as well as institutional fundraising priorities to increase support from alumni and parents.
- Routinely identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni and parent prospects to encourage participation in the Annual Fund.
- Plan and implement a year-round schedule of programs, communications, and events for families; recruit and train parent and student volunteers to help with these school-wide programs.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, managing, and recognition of alumni volunteers for activities that include alumni events, class reunions, class giving, and networking opportunities.
- Maintain regular and proactive communication with key alumni association members.
- Provide administrative and promotional support for the alumni association activities as appropriate, coordinating relevant invitations and communications and encouraging alumni-led events and activities.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the community to enhance and promote alumni and student career services and opportunities.
- Recommend members to the Alumni Board of Governors and the Parents' Committee.
- Serve as an active participant in efforts with the Alumni Association (AA/ACS) to develop young alumni initiatives.
- Oversee the updates of the alumni section of the website and the alumni-related contributions to the school publications and student-related contributions to the alumni association publications.
- Work with Junior and Senior classes to develop, coordinate, and implement class giving programs and build awareness of the alumni program.
- Work with the DoD in developing a personal solicitation program for high-end giving.
- Provide assistance in identifying alumni to be profiled in the Alumni Newsletter (Diaspora Potrezebie), the D&A e-newsletter, and ACS Matters.
- Manage the school’s social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
- Coordinate with the community members to acquire information and updates for social media.
- Prepare and solicit sponsorship for events and annual fund projects.
- Prepare reports and analyze the progress of funds raised against planned goals.
- Other duties as required by the position.
- BA/BS. A graduate degree is a plus.
- At least 4 years experience in alumni relations and/or fundraising event management.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills; written and oral communication skills; interpersonal skills.
- Work experience in alumni affairs or other strongly related experience in development, marketing, public relations, or membership management, is beneficial.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV in English with supporting documents, a list of references and contact information including current supervisor, and a recent photograph.
ACS Beirut is seeking an experienced Grant Writer to oversee the creation of comprehensive grant applications. This is a freelance position, reporting to ACS’s Director of Development and Alumni Affairs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES
- Writes appropriate and compelling narrative to be incorporated in proposals, grant applications, letters of inquiry, reports, facts sheets, and other revenue-raising materials.
- Works closely with the Development Department to ensure that all written materials accurately reflect ACS’s mission, policies, and programs in a compelling nature.
- Adheres to reporting requirements and submitting timely, accurate reports to funders as necessary.
- Responsible for working with staff to report on contractual outcomes outlined in each agreement, including coordinating the delivery of reports which may not include narrative material.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years experience in grant writing.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with USAID ASHA grants is preferred.
- Proven track record of securing small and large grants.
This is a freelance position. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please include compensation expectations in the cover letter.
Please complete this form and attach your cover letter, CV, 2-3 samples from successful grant applications, and/or final reports.
References may be requested at the time of the interview.