Athletics and Activities
American Community School Beirut Co-Curricular Activities Program – Purpose
- The purpose of our Co-Curricular Activities Program at the American Community School Beirut is to foster the social, emotional, physical, and moral development of the student participant.
- All participants will be expected to display the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethics, and respect in their conduct.
- Participation in the after school program is a privilege and those who participate must represent the American Community School Beirut community positively.
- Together, coaches, sponsors, participants, parents, and student-athletes love learning and are committed to excellence in all that we do!
American Community School Beirut Activities Program – Philosophy
The Co-Curricular program is vital to the educational, physical, emotional, and ethical development of a student. The athletic program plays an important role in the life of the ACS student. Co-curricular activities support the academic mission of the school.
- ACS Activities promotes a high level of integrity, commitment, cooperation, responsibility, accountability, self-control, and self-discipline from its students and coaches.
- ACS Activities are competitive, designed to serve those students who meet, and continue to meet, high standards of skill, performance, sportsmanship and conduct.
- Coaches and Sponsors have the opportunity to achieve a wider scope of educational and developmental goals through the additional learning opportunities that occur when working with students in Co-Curricular activities.
- Student athletes are to represent themselves, parents, their team, coaches, sponsors, school parents with the highest level of respect and integrity. Teammates are to hold each other accountable and be role models for all, young and old.
- All students are welcome and encouraged to participate—provided they are willing to abide by all rules and regulations of the Activities Department.
- Participating in an ACS Knight Activity is a privilege, not a right.
The ACS Activities Program is an important partner in the educational process of students. High standards, fair play, discipline, sportsmanship and clear expectations will allow our students to have positive experiences in the activity and representing not only as an ambassador of ACS, but an ambassador for the athletes' teammates, coaches, school community, and parents.