Athletics and Activities
Welcome to Knighthood
- The purpose of our After-School Program at the American Community School Beirut is to foster the social, emotional, physical and moral development of the student participant.
- All participants will be expected to display the proper ideals of sportsmanship, ethics and respect in their conduct.
- Participation in the after school program is a privilege and those who participate must represent the American Community School Beirut community positively.
- Together, coaches, participants, parents and athletes love learning and are committed to excellence in all that we do!
- The extracurricular athletic program is vital to the educational, physical, emotional and ethical development of a student. The athletic program plays an important role in the life of the ACS student. Athletic activities support the academic mission of the school.
- ACS sport promotes a high level of integrity, commitment, cooperation, responsibility, accountability, self-control and self-discipline from its students and coaches.
- ACS sports are competitive, designed to serve those students who meet, and continue to meet, high standards of skill, performance, sportsmanship and conduct.
- Students have the opportunity to improve personal fitness and motor-skill levels, and the development of social, emotional and mental attitudes.
- Coaches have the opportunity to achieve a wider scope of educational and developmental goals through the additional learning opportunities that occur when working with students in extracurricular activities.
- Student athletes are to represent themselves, parents, their team, coaches, school parents and with the highest level of respect and integrity. Teammates are to hold each other accountable and be role models for all, young and old.
- It is not now, nor has it ever been, the Athletic Department’s policy to win at all cost.
- All students are welcome and encouraged to participate—provided they are willing abide by all rules and regulations of the Athletic Department.
- Participating on an ACS Knight sports team is a privilege, not a right.
The ACS Athletic Program is an important partner in the educational process of students. Very few of our athletes will be participating in team sports after their high school careers; therefore they must take something with them other than ability. What the athletes take with them will depend on their coach and team experience. High standards, fair play, discipline, sportsmanship and clear expectations will allow our students to have positive experiences in sports and representing not only as an ambassador of ACS, but an ambassador for the athletes teammates, coaches, school community and parents.