Mission and Identity
ACS empowers students to solve problems with creativity and integrity, to lead well-balanced lives, and to serve Lebanon and the world community with understanding and compassion.
ACS is an accredited, not-for-profit, independent and secular American College Preparatory School serving a multi-cultural international student body. ACS provides internationally-enriched, standard-based curricula, preparing students for the International Baccalaureate, the Lebanese Baccalaureate, and the American College Preparatory Diplomas.
Beliefs and Objectives
Beliefs - We Believe:
- Students learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Students achieve success by being active participants in their learning.
Students develop character through engagement with others from different backgrounds and through interaction within the community.
Objectives - We Achieve Our Mission By:
- Setting high expectations for ourselves and our students.
- Empowering students to be critical thinkers and independent learners.
- Working collaboratively with all members of our community.
- Understanding and utilizing innovative teaching and learning.
- Creating a safe environment for students to take risks and learn from their mistakes.
- Facilitating students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth.
- Engaging students in relevant and reflective learning.
- Encouraging students to explore different forms of personal expression.
- Providing opportunities for students to make choices, to lead, and to demonstrate responsibility.
- Supporting students to be caring, empathetic, respectful, and tolerant.
- Developing student awareness and communication skills through the study of languages.
- Involving students in local and international community service projects.
- Preparing students to seek admission to the most selective colleges and universities.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
ACS Beirut is a diverse community of students and adults who share different cultural values and perspectives. Community-wide diversity offers learning opportunities for our students as well as opportunities to build relationships across cultures, nationalities, socio-economic classes, and other aspects of identity.
ACS is committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment and fostering a community of diverse perspectives to prepare our students for a global society. Faculty members work to ensure a safe and open-minded environment where understanding is central to all, where students’ differences are respected and appreciated as an integral part of the educational experience, and where every ACS student feels included, cared for, and valued.