Mission and Identity
ACS empowers students to solve problems with creativity and integrity, to lead well-balanced lives, and to serve Lebanon and the world community with understanding and compassion.
ACS is an accredited, not-for-profit, independent and secular American College Preparatory School serving a multi-cultural international student body. ACS provides internationally-enriched, standard-based curricula, preparing students for the International Baccalaureate, the Lebanese Baccalaureate, and the American College Preparatory Diplomas.
Beliefs and Objectives
Beliefs - We Believe:
- Students learn at different rates and in different ways.
- Students achieve success by being active participants in their learning.
Students develop character through engagement with others from different backgrounds and through interaction within the community.
Objectives - We Achieve Our Mission By:
- Setting high expectations for ourselves and our students.
- Empowering students to be critical thinkers and independent learners.
- Working collaboratively with all members of our community.
- Understanding and utilizing innovative teaching and learning.
- Creating a safe environment for students to take risks and learn from their mistakes.
- Facilitating students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth.
- Engaging students in relevant and reflective learning.
- Encouraging students to explore different forms of personal expression.
- Providing opportunities for students to make choices, to lead, and to demonstrate responsibility.
- Supporting students to be caring, empathetic, respectful, and tolerant.
- Developing student awareness and communication skills through the study of languages.
- Involving students in local and international community service projects.
- Preparing students to seek admission to the most selective colleges and universities.