BUILDINGS AND GROUNDS
The mission of the Physical Plant Department is to provide a clean, comfortable, safe and attractive environment for students and faculty to learn and work.
What we do
The functions of ACS Physical Plant Department are to create an attractive, pleasant and functional environment that enhances the schools’ learning experience.
- Maintains the campus academic buildings
- Maintains internal mechanical equipment
- Maintains grounds and external surfaces
- Coordinates and provides services for all construction and renovation
- Coordinates and provides school security and personnel
- Supports and coordinates school trips and transportation
- Provides campus customers with services for special events
- Manages all the faculty housing.
- Maintains and upgrade utilities on campus
- Provides janitorial and cleaning services and coordinates the school recycling program
We also provide online request forms, whereby faculty members and staff are no longer required to hand-deliver their requests, but rather send them electronically. These online requests are for transportation, repairs and set-up of special events.
Who we are
We believe in people, integrity, communication and quality:
- All people have intrinsic value and merit dignity, courtesy and respect.
- We are fair and honest in our daily work with our fellow employees, the people we serve and our community.
- We encourage open and honest communication amongst our employees. Our most valuable asset is a dedicated and a well-trained staff working in a happy and challenging environment.
- Our work is vital, and we take pride in doing it well. We are committed to delivering quality services, producing positive results and satisfaction.
What makes our job easier is the dedication and hard work of the staff of the Physical Plant Department. They are:
The Office Team
Responsible for planning construction and renovation projects, dealing with emergency situations and scheduling and distributing various requests for maintenance work, events setup and transportation.
The Maintenance Team
The Maintenance Team is responsible for in-house projects that pertain to carpentry, plumbing, electrical and painting.
The Custodial Team
Each custodian has his/her janitorial crew, responsible for up-keep, cleaning and various other tasks. Each custodian plays an important role as the liaison between the Physical Plant Department and his/her designated building. One of the many tasks the team is responsible for is to ensure the proper setup for the various school events and activities that take place on and off campus.
The Housekeeping Team
Their duties consist of food preparation for nursery toddlers, attending and catering and serving coffee at various school functions. During the summer months the housekeeping team is responsible for the cleaning and setting-up of ACS faculty apartments.
The Security Team
A strong, well-trained and experienced group of people dedicated to protecting the school from trespassers and intruders. The team works hard at facilitating the arrival and dismissal of students on a daily basis. They are a proud group of men who take the slogan “To Serve and Protect” very seriously.