Roles and Responsibilities
The following are the main roles and responsibilities of the ACS Beirut PC:
- Developing a more extended relationship between the school administration and the parent body at large.
- Reflecting and addressing the parents’ concerns with the school administration.
- Bringing awareness to the parents on school functioning and its philosophy as well as its educational system.
- Initiating and developing parents' ideas and coordinating these with the relevant administrative offices at the school.
- Providing feedback and comments from home on social, emotional, as well as educational issues facing the students.
- Helping to enrich students’ social and educational experience at ACS by engaging in and cheering combined activities between school, students and parents.
- Supporting fundraising events that provide new equipment and program initiation and promotion and allow the school to grow and advance in the accomplishment of its mission.
- Using technology on an interactive school website to help parents to stay in touch with the school and community.
- Helping to establish solid connections and avenues of communication with the community at large, giving the sense of shared goals and aspirations.
*The PC does not have a role in the day to day running of the school, and does not deal with personal or individual complaints except as related to general issues of importance to the school.